TBLOOHR! (The Big List Of Oral Health Resources)
Throughout our various research efforts into to different oral health matters, we’ve come across a pretty big variety of oral health resources. Then we had an idea – let’s gather them all together in one page! Brilliant! Below we’ve got a collection of resources that cover just about every aspect of oral health. We’ve categorized all of them, so have a browse through the main titles, find the category you’re looking for and then take the deep dive. We’ve also made sure to include a brief description on each so you’re not just randomly clicking cuz’ we hate randomly clicking. Oh, and if you found something we haven’t put on the list, email us! We’d be glad to make TBLOOHR just a tad bit bigger!
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGP): A professional organization of more than 40,000 general dentists. Dedicated to providing quality dental and oral care along with education to the public
- American Dental Association (ADA): Represents more than 159,000 dentist members. The ADA is the leading source of oral health related information for dentists and their patients.
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA): The ADHA provides a substantial collection of resources, classes and general knowledgebase for all items related to dental hygiene.
- American Dental Education Association (AHEA): International organization that is the spearhead of dental education. The ADEA’s mission is to lead institutions and individuals in the dental community and to address issues that influence education, research and the delivery of oral healthcare to the public.
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists (ASDA): Organization comprised of professional, fulltime, postdoctoral dental anesthesiologists. Focuses on the promotion of safe dental anesthesiology, training on anesthesia care, and the development of anesthesiology.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD): The recognized authority on children’s oral health. Works to promote evidence-based policies and clinical guidelines along with dentistry education. Provides continuing professional education for pediatric and general dentists who treat children.
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO): An association of orthodontists dedicated to ethically advancing the art and science of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry: An association dedicated to advancing the art and science of cosmetic dentistry and encouraging the highest standards of ethical conduct and responsible patient care.
- The Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors (ASTDD): A national, non-profit organization that represents the directors, staff and faculty of state public health agency programs focused on oral health.
- International Association of Dental Research (IADR): Non-profit organization with over 10,000 members. Focused on advancing research and knowledge of oral health, representing and supporting the oral health research community and facilitating the communication and application of research discoveries and findings.
- International Association for Disability and Oral Health (IADH): Organization focused on working with those who have disabilities and disadvantages and helping to improve their oral health and quality of life.
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR): Subset of the National Institute of Health focused on dental and craniofacial research.
- Oral Health America (OHA): An organization with the goal of change lives by connecting communities with the resources to drive access to care, increase health literacy and advocate for policies that better the oral health for all Americans.
Oral Health Care & Products
- Colgate: An industry leader in all varieties of oral health products.
- Crest: An industry leader in oral healthcare products of all varieties, including teeth whitening strips
- Oral-B: An industry leader in oral health products, including electric toothbrushes
- ACT Oral Care: Provides a variety of oral healthcare products.
- Sonicare: An industry leader in sonic toothbrush technology.
- Earthpaste: Products focused on using natural, organic ingredients.
- Arm & Hammer: Dental healthcare products focused on teeth whitening.
- Biotene: Dental healthcare products focused on dry mouth.
- Tom’s of Maine: Natural healthcare products.
- Desert Essence: Vegetarian, gluten free and cruelty free products.
- Auromere Ayurvedic: Non-profit company focused on providing ayuverdic based products.
- Kiss My Face: Natural toothpaste and gel products.
- Rembrandt: Toothpaste and whitening products focused on preventing tooth stains.
- TheraBreath: Mouthwash and products focused on curing bad breath.
- CloSYS: Innovative toothpaste and (alcohol-free) mouthwash solutions.
- SmartMouth: Unique Toothpaste and oral rinse products.
- Oral Essentials: Mouthwash and toothpaste products made from natural and organic ingredients.
- Waterpik: Water flosser products to replace and improve teeth flossing.
Oral Health for Children
- Kids Healthworks: Free parenting resources, child safety tips, child health questions, and more. Host of the broadcast television series Kids Healthworks that was developed with the American Academy of Pediatrics that has been shown on the Discovery Health Channel.
- Kids Health: Central hub for accessing doctor-approved information about general health from birth through adolescence. Includes different sections for kids, teens and parents.
- MouthHealthyKids: A website focused on oral health for kids, including games, interesting articles, patent tips and a variety of education.
- Colgate Kids World: A safe, fun, informational and education site for kids. Provides resources that will help kids become more excited and enthusiastic about brushing. Includes games, information, parent tips and more.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Parental Resources: An excellent source of information from pediatric dentists for parents with children.
- MyChildrensTeeth: A website developed in conjunction with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD). Provides resources and guidance for parents and caregivers looking for general information related to their child’s dental health.
- National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center: Website dedicated to providing information and resources to maternal mothers on proper oral healthcare for themselves and their infant.
- Child Oral Health: Basic guidelines on oral health for children from the ADHA.
- Behavior Guidance for the Pediatric Dental Patient: Basic guidelines on behavior guidance for children from the AAPD
- Oral Health Care for Children fact sheet: Fact sheet on children’s oral health from the ADHA.
- Oral Health Care for Adolescents fact sheet: Fact sheet on adolescent’s oral health from the ADHA.
- Premature Birth Factsheet: Fact sheet on premature infant’s oral health from the ADHA.
- Children’s Oral Health: Information on oral health for children. Includes training, education and advice for caregivers.
Oral Health for Elders
- Dry Mouth In Elders: An in depth article that summarizes information on how dry mouth effects elderly patients.
- Caries-risk Assessment and Management for Infants, Children, and Adolescents: Guidelines on Caries-risk assessment written by the AAPD.
- Nursing Home Oral Health: Information collected and presented by the University Of Kentucky College Of Dentistry on providing oral care in nursing homes.
- Senior Oral Health: Information on providing oral health care to seniors written by the ADHA.
- ToothWisdom: Provides information for elders, caregivers and health professionals on how to properly care for the oral health of an elderly patient.
Oral Illness Risks
- Women and Smoking: Information on the health effects of smoking in women along with advice on how to quit.
- Bad Breath Fact Sheet: Information on what oral illnesses bad breath can be an indicator of.
- Diabetes Fact Sheet: Information on how diabetes can be detected through an oral examination along with the warning signs of diabetes.
- Sjorgren’s Syndrome: Basic information on Sjogren’s Syndrome.
- Oral Cancer Fact Sheet: Basic information on oral cancer, the risk factors, how it’s diagnosed and treatment.
- Tobacco Use and Periodontal Disease: Information on the increased risk of periodontal disease (gingivitis) when regularly consuming tobacco.
- Oral Health-Total Health: Know the Connection: Information on how oral illnesses can be connected to larger, more dangerous health issues.
- Oral health services for the HIV-infected population: Information on maintaining proper oral health after being diagnosed with HIV.
Choosing/Visiting A Dentist
- What to Expect from a Dental Hygiene Appointment: General expectations as to what you’ll experience when you visit a dentist.
- Protecting Against Disease Transmision: Information on how to protect yourself against various infections in the dentist office.
- Important Facts About Dental Hygienists: General information about dental hygenists and their responsibilities.
- Choosing a Dental Office: Information on how to choose a dentist that works for you and your family.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry: Subsection of the AAPD website that allows you to search for dentists in your area.
- DentaQuest: Website that provides general oral health information along with local dentist finder.
Oral Health Facts and Information
- WebMD Oral Health: The oral health section of WebMD. Has a variety of helpful information on how to protect and clean your mouth.
- Tooth Whitening: General information on tooth whitening and the effectiveness of various treatments.
- Oral Health Fast Facts & Stats: A list of general oral health facts and statistics.
- Oral Health Nutrition: General information on basic oral nutrition.
- Fluoride Facts: Facts about fluoride, water fluoridation and perceived health concerns.
- Glossary of Dental Terms: A large glossary of dental clinical and administrative terms.
- Crest Dental Resource Net: A trusted resource to inform patients and caregivers on oral health principles along with popular products.
- DentalAssistantEDU Dental Resource Library: General resource for dental students.
- Virtual Dental Museum: A virtual museum with information on historical details and function descriptions of items used by dental schools.
- ILikeMyTeeth: Information on the use of Fluoride, water fluoridation and the perceived health effects.
- Infection Preventative Resources: A collection of resources on the proper conduct of a professional practice and how they’re to prevent infection.
Oral Health Studies
- Dental Radiograph Examinations: Report focused on the recommendations of prescription and dental radiographic examinations
- Community Water Fluoridation: CDC report on the use of fluoride in water and its health effects.
- ADHA Hyposalvation Tool: Report that describes the ADHA Hyposalvation Xerostomia (dry mouth) screening tool.
- ADA Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry: Center for all evidence based studies regarding dental and oral health.
Dependents with Special Needs
- Dental Care for Special Child: Information on dental care concepts and plans for extra preparedness for children with special needs.
- A Health Professionals Guide to Pediatric Health Management: A seven part instructional module that covers the basic ideas of oral health for children and infants. Contains a section on infant ad young children with special health care needs.
- Oral Conditions in Children with Special Needs: A Guide for Health Care Providers: A collection of oral conditions that children with special needs might have increased risk in developing.
- Oral Health for Children with Special Health Care Needs: A basic collection of information on practical oral care for people with developmental disabilities.
- Strategies for Providing Oral Care for People With Developmental Disabilities: A collection of health information and caregiver strategies for providing care to those with development disabilities.
- Oral Health for Children With Disabilities And Special Needs: A small collection of basic information on common oral health problems in those with disabilities and special needs.
- Common Dental Concerns: A list of common dental concerns for those who have special health conditions.
- Dental Care for Children with Special Needs: A list of information on providing proper oral care to a child with a disability of special needs collected by the Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- A Guide for Family Members and Providers: Oklahoma Association of Community Action Agencies’s guide for providing oral care for those with special needs.
- Dental Education in Care of Persons with Disabilities: A collection of information from the University Of Washing School Of Dentistry on providing oral care to someone with special needs.
- Tips From Former Smokers: This CDC campaign Web site lets you view the ads, learn more about the people featured and their health conditions, and access quit-smoking resources.
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW: A free, phone-based service with educational materials, coaches, a quit plan, and referrals to local resources to help you quit tobacco use.
- 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569): A free, phone-based service to help Spanish speaking persons quit tobacco use.
- BeTobaccoFree: This HHS Web site provides one-stop access to tobacco-related information, including information on quitting tobacco use, from its various agencies.
- SmokeFree: A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help you quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokeFree (en Español): A Spanish-language Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help you quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokeFreeWomen: A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help women quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokeFreeTeen: A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help teens quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokeFreeTXT: A mobile service that provides encouragement, advice, and tips to help young adults quit smoking.
- SmokeFree Smartphone Apps: SmokeFree smartphone applications that help you track your quit smoking progress, receive motivational reminders, and more.
- UCanQuit2: A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users: An easy-to-read guide to quitting tobacco use.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: Consumer materials to help tobacco users become tobacco-free.
- FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Products: Identifies FDA-approved products that can help you quit smoking.
- Harms of Smoking and Benefits of Quitting: A fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute that summarizes the harmful effects of smoking and short- and long-term benefits of quitting.
- QuitToday: A website that explains the effects that regular use of tobacco has on your oral health.
- Tobacco Cessation Guidelines: Collection of reports gathered by the Agency for Health Research and Quality on how to stop smoking.